Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #81
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Peter C. I cannot see most of your WM vids. I could see the drone and the purdie shuffle but non of the flams or doodles.

    Just to let you know. Also, I couldn't see Alex Sanguinetti's videos either. I have a mac. My pc has a virus on Explorer.

    How do you make those videos with WMV ?
    I have a video of my band I'm editing in I-Movie and want to put a glimpse on my web-site.

    Thanks,
    Blake

    BTW, I really dig that you are using the Billy approach with not crossing the arms. Kewwwl.

  2. #82
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Blake,

    Mac users cannot see these video but tell me, are you able to see this(?):

    www.thediametrixletter.com/doodle.mpg

    If you are, then perhaps I can convert these files for you but really, you're not missing much. These were done a while ago and Alex and attest to it. I was very new to the idea. I think it had to do with the version of conversion that I was using or doing.

    A lot of users are NOT friendly to REALPLAYER or WINAMP because these players are very hoggish. They are set up to take over all the media needs of the user, which users DO NOT want. I have had my share of frustrations with them but now use all the players on my system.

    As for playing "open", the truth is that if it was not for an injury, I may not have ever gravitated towards or adapted to it but that's the way it happened. It was not by choice or so it seemed. At the same time, Billy was behind the scenes, edging me forward, on his site, somehow knowing (I think) that I would eventually wind up doing it. It was inevitable.

    Billy was/is always a moving force and I mean in my entire life. Over the years, on his site (where he was quite active) for a while (recently, not as), he would always have a kind of subtle "dare" in his communication that nudged me on. It was a kind of "Try it. You'll like it." kind of thing but not pushy.

    I remember when I told him about what my experience with Tony was, he referred to Tony as "The Gestapo", in gest but I think only partly. He knew that I was not responsive to a "totalitarian" approach to playing. I look back on it now and it becomes clearer and clearer to me how he actaully "guided" me from afar.

    Anyway, I am not 100%, physically and perhaps, I never will be. What I am trying to do is use everything in my power and grasp, despite it. I am happy with the results, thus far and will not ever go back to leading right-handedly and despite being right-handed; always remembering Billy encouraging me and I'm paraphrasing: YOU DON'T LOSE ANYTHING, ONLY GAIN.

    I would like to see what you're doing and am willing to help you in any way, however small, that I can. I love your sound and touch. Guys like you make me envious.

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    For my cardiac arrest:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/jogfrog.mp3

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 22, 2003 11:41 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  3. #83
    Inactive Member alexsanguinetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2003
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dear Blake,
    I updated the link in Windows Media, here again:

    http://site238.webhost4life.com/alex...VideoAJazz.wmv

    Oh, by the way, I heard "Fannie Blues" and really enjoyed it.

    All the best,

    Alex Sanguinetti

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 11, 2005 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Alex Sanguinetti ]</font>

  4. #84
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Peter. Well, that video froze on me at the very end in quick time format. Quicktime always locks up on me on the mac for some reason. I don't really know how to make it work better either. Some of the WMV videos worked for me though. The WMV's looked better too.

    Alex I downloaded the real player and could hear the fusion mp3 but no videos on the other examples you have on your site. After downloading it says it can't find the application program that created this document. ????

    Nice playing by the way on the fusion mp3. You have so much energy! GREAT ! You've been eatin your pasta just like Vinnie ! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  5. #85
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, Alex i've figured out how to use it. The links wouldn't open up real player so I did it manually and found the file. Cool ! I can check them out now!
    Best,
    Blake

  6. #86
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great stuff Alex ! I would've liked to hear more Barbara Dennerlein. Sounds like an interesting band. I dug the Clark Terry, especially the first trade. The other Trumpet player on the uptempo looks familiar. Nice trading on that one.
    CIAO,
    Blake
    www.blakelindberg.com

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 23, 2003 09:35 PM: Message edited by: blake1 ]</font>

  7. #87
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Peter C. On the previous post lising all of your videos; I can see all of them until - doodle 8-1.wmv.
    Starting there I can only hear the audio - No picture.

    I'm actually into the streaming process so I might go with the Real Player like Alex for my video.
    Cheers.
    I'll be out of town for a few days. Have a good Thanksgiving.
    Blake

  8. #88
    Inactive Member alexsanguinetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2003
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dear Blake,
    Thanks for watching the videos.

    1)The one you saw, is the first one I would suggest someone who might like to check out my stuff to start with.:

    http://site238.webhost4life.com/alex...VideoAJazz.wmv


    There are two SAMBAS, very different:

    2)This is imitating the percussion section:

    http://site238.webhost4life.com/alex...cadaRhythm.wmv

    3)Fusion style in Italy:

    http://site238.webhost4life.com/alex...usionsamba.wmv

    4)The Clark Terry file with trading 8's (the other you saw):

    It's at the moment not available.

    Ohhhhhhhh, the stuff with Barbara Dennerlein is almost 20 years old (16 to be precise)!!.


    Thanks for checking it out, I'm more a pizza guy than pasta, hahaha. Pizza and Pepsi it's my basic regime, hahaha. I eat Pannacotta everytime I can too.

    All the best,
    Alex Sanguinetti

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 11, 2005 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Alex Sanguinetti ]</font>

  9. #89
    Inactive Member alexsanguinetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2003
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wrong button, sorry!

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 23, 2003 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Alex Sanguinetti ]</font>

  10. #90
    Inactive Member shedder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    methodair, dude... you're one kick ass drummer. sounds great, good feel. post more!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •